Paladin fans are invited to participate in the Charge the Road Virtual 5K, which will be held Nov. 14-22. Proceeds from the event will benefit Furman’s Charge Forward campaign, which assists in the support of all Paladin student-athletes. Registration opens HERE on October 22. The virtual 5K registration will cost $20, and a Jr. Paladin Mile for ages 12 and under is being offered for $15. All registrants will receive a commemorative race bib, and the first 100 registrants will also receive a Charge The Road buff. Between Nov. 14-22, participants can complete the race all at once or spread the distance out throughout the nine-day challenge. Registered participants are encouraged to download any fitness tracking app and share photos, video, and screen shots of your time using the #ChargeTheRoad5K on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook to engage in friendly competition.
Furman’s Charge the Road Virtual 5K is sponsored by Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices C. Dan Joyner, Realtors; Hercules Tires; OneBlood; Papa John’s Pizza; Sharonview Federal Credit Union; and the South Carolina Education Lottery. The Jr. Paladin Mile is sponsored by Healthy Blue SC.
RECORDING YOUR TIME
1. Run or walk whenever and wherever you would like!
2. Beginning on Nov. 14 go to https://elitefeats.com/results/ – Click on the Charge the Road Virtual 5K event.
3. Search for your name – Click Update.
4. Enter your time.
5. Upload up to five photos if you would like!
WHEN TO POST
• EARLY REGISTRANTS (before start day) can start posting times ON start day!
• LATE REGISTRANTS (after start day), allow up to 24 hours to post times.
• BIB MAILING begins on Nov. 9. Please allow 3-5 business days to receive the bib. You do not need the bib to run/walk. It’s a keepsake!
TRACKING YOUR DISTANCE
• 12.5 laps on a track = 5K
• Find a Certified USATF Course
• Some run/walk events display course maps at https://www.elitefeats.com/.
• Many parks have measured ‘fitness’ trails open to the public.
• Download free app Strava & hit “Record”
For more information, contact Ty Osborne at Ty.Osborne@Furman.edu.