These events have been approved by the Fall Planning Steering Committee and Public Health and Safety Advisory Group, in accordance with our campus event policies and guidelines as well as our health and safety protocols. Approval is pending from the South Carolina Department of Commerce for the socially distanced parade (see below).
Some events and activities require advance registration; all of the in-person events taking place on campus are limited to students currently living on campus and commuters. Students are required to wear masks and practice physical distancing at all events. Students should also be prepared to show proof of their completed daily health check through the LiveSafe app. To reduce density and help protect the health and safety of our campus, the public and faculty and staff who are not staffing the activities may not attend the in-person campus events.
The details of some activities may change, so we encourage you to continue to check syncDIN, the sites and social media accounts listed below, as well as the Furman Focused website for updates.
Events for students and participating student organizations only
Monday, Oct. 19, Student Organizations hang banners at the Dining Hall (SAC)
Tuesday, Oct. 20, Furman Cup giveaways, G Field, E Field and behind Clark Murphy Housing Complex, 12 – 1:30 p.m. (SAC)
Wednesday, Oct. 21:
- Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, in front of Hill Courtyard, 12 – 1:30 p.m. (SAC)
- Freshman water bottle giveaways, E Field, behind Clark Murphy Housing Complex, 12 – 1:30 p.m. (SAC)
- Student Organizations’ Chalking Competition, in front of Dining Hall, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. (SAC)
- DIN it to WIN it is a 3-day event sponsored by FUSAB, in which two students from each class will compete to win a trophy, $500 in prizes, bragging rights and a Waffle House food truck night for 250 members of the winning class. Virtual and physically distanced in-person challenges will take place throughout the week. Students may attend the DIN it to WIN it Opening Ceremonies on Wednesday, Oct. 21, from 6:30 to 8 p.m. at the Stone Soccer Stadium (attendance limited to 100 students, and students should bring proof of their health screening). Or, follow the Opening Ceremonies and all of the DinIt2WinIt events on Instagram. (FUSAB)
Friday Oct. 23, Fanny pack giveaways, G Field, E Field and behind Clark Murphy Housing Complex, 12 – 1:30 p.m. (SAC)
Saturday, Oct. 24: Rollin’ Dins Parade, co-sponsored by SAC and FUSAB, is a celebration of Furman and a reminder of “the strong sense of community we possess when we’re united together.” The car parade will take place on Saturday, Oct. 24, at 10:30 a.m. All on-campus students and commuters are invited to gather – physically distanced – on Furman Mall to celebrate Athletics, campus clubs, organizations and the campus community. The parade will be followed by food and outdoor games. For more information and details, visit syncDIN and follow FUSAB and SAC on Instagram. (Pending approval from the South Carolina Department of Commerce.)
Athletics is planning a Purple and White Week, which will include in-person scrimmages and virtual events beginning Saturday, Oct. 17, through Oct. 24. The scrimmages will be limited to students living on campus, commuters and student-athlete family members, and will have limited capacity to allow for adequate physical distancing. Tickets are required in advance for some of the scrimmages. The full Purple and White Week schedule is listed below:
Saturday, Oct. 17
- Men’s Cross Country/Track, Furman Golf Course, 8:20 a.m.
- Women’s Cross Country/Track, Outdoor track, 9:55 a.m.
- Women’s Lacrosse intra-squad scrimmage, Paladin Stadium, 10 a.m. On-campus students may access the available 125 tickets to this scrimmage through this page.
Monday, Oct. 19
- Men’s and Women’s Tennis scrimmage, Mickel Tennis Center, 5 p.m.
Tuesday, Oct. 20
- Furman Athletics Lunch & Learn, 12 p.m. with Head Women’s Soccer Coach Andrew Burr
- Men’s and Women’s Golf Event, REK Center, 3 p.m.
Wednesday, Oct. 21
- Softball scrimmage, Pepsi Stadium, 6 p.m.
Thursday, Oct. 22
- Men’s and Women’s Basketball, Social media event
- Volleyball, Social media event
Friday, Oct. 23
- “Friday Night Lights,” Men’s Soccer scrimmage, Stone Stadium, 7 p.m. On-campus students may access the available 125 tickets to this scrimmage through this page.
Saturday, Oct. 24
- Football scrimmage, Paladin Stadium, 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. On-campus students may access the available 125 tickets to this scrimmage through this page.
- Women’s Soccer scrimmage, Stone Stadium, 2 p.m. On-campus students may access the available 125 tickets to this scrimmage through this page.
Students, Alumni, Families, Faculty and Staff Activities and Events
#FurmanAtHome Virtual Event Schedule and Registration: Furman University alumni, friends and families look forward to gathering each year for Homecoming & Reunion Weekend. While we cannot be on campus to enjoy the tailgating, football game and reunions, we are excited to connect virtually and bring a little bit of Furman to your home. Registration is required for most events. To register and to view the complete schedule, visit the #FurmanAtHome website.