Six Furman University students selected in August for the 2019 class of Millennium Fellows have graduated the semester-long program. The Millennium Fellowship, presented by the United Nations Academic Impact and Millennium Campus Network, convenes, challenges, and celebrates student leadership for the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Over 7,000 young leaders applied for the program from over 1,200 campuses across 135 nations. Only 69 campuses worldwide have been selected to host 1,092 Millennium Fellows in 2019.
Furman participants and other student leaders have been part of a movement positively impacting the lives of nearly one million people in 16 nations. Millennium Fellows for the Class of 2019 include:
- Samantha Bernacki, ’20, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Eileen Joseph, ’20, Falls Church, Virginia
- Anna Justice, ’22, Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Catherine Lippert, ’20, Columbia, South Carolina
- Sarah McLean, ’20, Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- Kristin Nauman, ’22, Salem, South Carolina
Learn more about the Millennium Fellowship.