The Furman Symphony Orchestra will present its Concerto Concert Friday, Feb. 15 at 8 p.m. in McAlister Auditorium on campus.
Part of the music department’s Sound Quality Concert Series, the performance is conducted by Thomas Joiner and features five student soloists. Tickets are $12 for adults, $10 for seniors and $5 for students. The concert is also among Furman’s Cultural Life Program events.
The soloists are winners of the biennial FSO concerto competition. They are:
- Peter Dimery ‘15, saxophone (Florence)
- Alex Jenks ‘15, trombone (Greenlawn, N.Y.)
- Alexander Rice ‘13, cello (Herndon, Va.)
- Scott Strickland ‘14, marimba (Nichols)
- Deborah York ‘15, piano (Greenville)
The competition selects outstanding Furman student soloists and offers them the opportunity of teaming with a symphony orchestra to perform movements from the standard concerto repertoire.
For more information about the event, contact the Furman University Music Department at 864-294-2086, or FurmanMusic@furman.edu.